Article processing charges (APCs)
Drinking Water Engineering and Science is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (the publication in the discussion forum is free of charge).
Article processing charges waived for papers submitted in 2017 according to categories 1 & 2.
||€69 net *
||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package
||€75 net *
||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template
||€79 net **
||LaTeX submissions causing higher expenditure of work due to any LaTeX style and/or difficulties with tables/figures
||€85 net ***
||Word submissions causing higher expenditure of work due to any Word style and/or difficulties with tables/figures
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.
||waived by Delft University of Technology for any 2016 submissions
||subsidized by Delft University of Technology with €69 net per page for any 2016 submissions
||subsidized by Delft University of Technology with €75 net per page for any 2016 submissions
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- inclusion in the Copernicus Online Library;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term e-archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS as well as printed archiving via copyright libraries worldwide.